Saturday, June 30, 2012
Thanks to Raelyn and Rose at Beautifully Unique for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. We are flattered!
Be sure to visit and read about Rose. She's a beautifully unique mixed breed, much like my Lightning. So now I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself and the dogs.
1. I grew up mostly with cats as pets. I only remember a couple of dogs, and we lived out in the country and the dogs were "free range". They weren't the spoiled inside critters that Lightning and Thumper are.
2. We also had 2 parakeets as pets. My gosh those were nasty animals.
3. I got my first "inside" dog in 1996. He was a Golden Retriever. This was my first ever pedigree dog. He was awesome. We joke and say he was born trained, unlike Lightning, who took 6 months of obedience training to break of the bad habit of bolting out the front door every time it opened. I got SO tired of chasing that dog, but I did get to meet a lot of my neighbors through him.
4. I love all dogs - mixed breed or pedigree - and prefer medium to large dogs. I'm partial to boy dogs, too.
5. Lightning was trained for a couple of years in obedience and agility. Obedience competition is a bit too structured for my liking, but we enjoyed agility. After he fell off a full height A-frame one day, I reconsidered the agility training. With the way he's built, he's got a really heavy front end and the small hips and rear legs of a who-knows-what. It's pretty much a mismatch for climbing a steep ramp. Now the jumps are something we do in the yard for fun. He's happy. He's healthy. I'm happy.
6. My dream dog is a Border Collie. I want one one day that I can train and compete in Agility with. I really like Red Border Collies. Susan Garrett's Feature, Swagger, and Encore inspire me.
7. We are Disney buffs. Can you tell by the dogs' names?
Now I get to pass this on to up to 15 bloggers that I admire...in addiiton to Raelyn's blog, I only got to 7 because, well, if I followed 15 blogs that closely, I'd never get any work done. Lol. Even if you choose not to participate in the sharing and passing on of this award, know that I really enjoy reading your blogs, and this is a really cool way to let you know that. :)
Bassettmomma: I love reading about Fred and Gloria. I have a new adoration for Bassett Hounds now.
Spotty Spotty Polkadotty: This is a blog I recently discovered. I couldn't pass by such a catchy name. Then I saw Blueberry's picture, read her story, and was hooked.
How Sam Sees It: Sam and Monty are Golden Retrievers with big imaginations. I love Goldens. I love big imaginations. Enough said. This was probably the first blog I followed. Love them.
Life is Like a Box of Nuggets: The story of Oscar and Nugget. If you need a good laugh, read back through some of these entries. I think their mom updates mostly their facebook now but some of the older entires will have you ROFL. Especially the ones about Oscar the Doodle Dog.
HouseTalkN: Here's a shocker - this isn't a dog blog. It's a house / decorating / fashion blog. Those are a few of my other favorite things....besides dogs.
Life at Golden Pines: Kim is inspirational as she takes in and cares for aging and often sick Goldens. She also has a Wheaten Terrier.
Home is Where the Hounds Are: Greyhounds are beautiful...especially these three - Beckett, Veil, and Maddy. I always enjoy reading about them. They are rescued former racing Greyhounds in Canada. PS - One day I really want to go to Canada...it looks like these guys live in a really cool place. No pun intended.
Enjoy your Saturday and happy reading. I'm off to Walmart (ugh - isn't that place hell on earth?) and then to a baseball tournament. Only one more left til the season is over and we can prepare for next season...haha...unless he plays football and the dogs will once again believe they are completely neglected. They may be asking to be rescued if that happens.