Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Will We Ever Forget?

I always feel sad on this day. I do not know anyone who was in the towers or New York City when it happened. I live far far away from where it happened. But I feel sad nonetheless.

This morning I woke up to Facebook posts about it. One from a friend who serves in the military and is deployed right now.   He opened his post with the words "Being 8000 miles from home..."  It reminded me that though the years have past, nothing has really changed....except for everything.  And then I saw a post about the service  dogs of 9/11.   I never really thought about them, but they gave, too.

So in memory and honor of all who were lost and / or still serving, whether people or dog, let's take a moment to remember them.   



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful....................


    Now my Mom's crying again.
    We didn't know anyone in N.Y. but none the
    less we will never forget those's who
    were there that day.

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri....
    Well put, Friend!! Why haven't more people commented on this post? Tuesday, September 11th, 2001 should always be remembered.... Even if you were not one who lost a loved one!!
    --Raelyn and Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who lost a cousin that day. She never forgets, thank you for remembering all who served and died that day.

    ReplyDelete