Saturday, August 20, 2011

Housework...and an awful lot of dog fur.

So, today I decided to get caught up on my housekeeping.  The last few weeks have been crazy with back to school and one of to college.  About a month ago, I decided I just wasn't even going to keep things really clean because with the boys here (both the human and canine variety), nothing stayed clean more than 20 seconds anyway.  I did vacuum and dust weekly and keep the kitchen and bathrooms up, but no more than necessary.  Boy, did I pay for it today.

I decided that I was going to get ALL the dog hair up and out of every corner.  Plus off my bedspread and off the furniture.  I really don't like the dogs being on the bed, but they sneak up there (especially Thumper) any chance they can.  To accomplish this unheard of task, I put both dogs in Thumper's crate and broke out my new vacuum cleaner and vacuumed for a solid four hours.  Then I got my son to continue for longer.  I vacuumed every floor, carpet, rug, bedspread, and any other horizontal surface around until the vacuum cleaner no longer picked up dog hair.  And I decided that my dogs shed more than any other animal I've ever seen, including my aunt's Huskies, and that next summer, I think I'm going to get them buzz cuts.  I love their soft furry coats, but this experience today has made me see the beauty in a Chinese hairless whatever it is.

Now I'm going to sit back and recuperate.  Lightning is curled up sleeping off his horrible experience of being crated with Thumper.  He's got the right idea.

Night all....Have a good rest of the weekend.












No comments:

Post a Comment