Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sad

I'm so sad today. For years one of my favorite hobbies has been scrapbooking. I've got albums from my kids school years, family vacations, holidays, treasured pages of my Golden who passed on in 2007, and plans for so much more. I became friends with the lady who owned the local scrapbook store, and going there felt like visiting family.

She sent a message out earlier today that she is closing her store. After struggling with the economy for the last 18 months, her dream is closing. I am sad for her.

And I'm at work today, now bummed out and sad, with no pups to give me "it'll be OK" licks, waiting for a two hour meeting to start. It's definitely a sad Tuesday here. If you are home with your dogs, take a moment and give them a hug for being awesome Comforters. I'll hug mine as soon as I get home.

3 comments:

  1. We feel your pain. Maybe you can keep in touch with this lady without the store. The economy is just not well right now but the media wants us to believe otherwise.

    On a brighter note - Happy Valentine's Day to you.
    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

      You are so right that the economy is still a mess...I wonder how much longer til our leaders figure it out.

      Delete
  2. That's too bad about your local Scapbooking Store. Hope you got lots of hugs and kisses from your pups when you got home from work. :)

    ReplyDelete