Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crappy Day (and not because a dog left me a present)

Today was one of those days. You know, the kind where you get to work to facilitate a meeting and discover the projector you really need is broken (just as everyone is arriving). Then it turns out all the meeting attendees have a major attack of ADD so getting them to focus is like herding cats. Then you find out that the job you wanted to apply for isn't even going to be posted because a transfer from the Fatherland is being appointed to the position (yes, I work for a company that is headquartered in another country). Then lunch makes you sick and you spend the afternoon herding cats (yes, they are really men) while frequently running to the ladies room....it just kept falling apart. And to top things off (I must say I work with a bunch of men for this matter), the afternoon meeting session rapidly degrades to guy humor. Yes it was funny, but it's like losing control of kindergarten once that happens. You might as well call it a day. So that's what I did, and then..... after almost 3 hours of baseball practice, I'm finally home. Pizza is on the way, one margarita has been made, and I am enjoying the playfulness of my four-legged boys. I'm so glad I have them to rescue me from days like this.

2 comments:

  1. Ha!Ha! Sounds like my day yesterday! I love the ending to your day. Mine ended with a couple of martinis and two sleepy hounds! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri....
    Thank-you for commenting on my blog!! I truly appreciated it!! And thank-you for becoming a Member!! You're number 20!! Yay!! ;-D
    Your boys are so beautiful!! And, by the way? They both qualify, in my opinion, as being "Mystery Dogs"!! The best kind of mixed breed.... ;-}
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete