Thursday, December 12, 2013

When they just get to be too much.....

I'm feeling like a horrible pet parent tonight.  Does anybody else ever reach the point of just wanting to board the dogs for a few days to get some peace?  Mine are driving me CRAZY.

Lightning wants in and out and in and out......all the time I'm home.  I can't just let him go wander around the yard because he keeps finding crap and eating it and getting sick.  Every time I look up, he's staring at me with the pleading, imploring, big brown eyes.  See the pics below - all the way the end - for proof.  Could you tell that face no?  I can't, but I really want to stay where I am in my warm cozy spot.    It's freezing ass cold outside, and I have no desire to be out in it.  I really admire all the folks who live where it's really cold.  I don't know how you do it.  I just want to stay inside with a few blankets and fuzzy socks and watch Thor (the movie....we didn't get another dog and name him after a Viking god....though that would be a great name for a dog).

Then there's Thumper.  Thumper thinks wherever I am, he needs to be.  Like in the very same space....the same spot on the couch....the same spot on the bed.....the same spot when I'm standing.  There is no getting away from him.  And he loves to watch TV so he's quite happy to steal my blanket while I'm watching Thor and Lightning begs.  

I don't understand what's going on with them.  Does anyone else experience this with their dogs?  How the heck do you handle it?  Maybe I should run away......hmmmmmm.

Anyway, I leave you with some pictures from my evening with my two codependent slightly neurotic dogs.  Love these stinkers....but I really would like to just stay warm and watch my movie uninterrupted.


Hi mom i want to play ball.  
I still want to play ball.  but i will steal your blanket and just hold on to my ball if you try to throw it.


what's that Lightning?  time to go out?  

MUST LET US OUT.  THE GLOWY EYES ARE HERE TO GUIDE YOU.  

Mom i want to go out.

Come on mom, I want to go out.

Mom did you hear me?  i know i'm not really talking but can't you read my mind?

Mom?  The door is to the left.....got it?

4 comments:

  1. I'm like Lightning, a hoover on 4 paws :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dexter is back from break if you want to visit.
    I feel your pain. My old mastiff was a backyard vacuum cleaner. He was also a cling baby who would howl for attention. The winter months could be quite tedious. Dexter was feeling a bit snow bound yesterday so I gave him his weekly recreational bone a day early. Of course that's easier with one dog, especially if there are issues over items like I had when Mango was still around.

    I did find that trick training would sometimes take the edge off. Yeah, it breaks up the hunker down time, but not as bad as going outside. I never did get the hang of multi-dog training, so I had to take them one at a time into the training room and close the door.

    Yes, with all my dogs I have sometimes wanted to send them to camp for a couple of days, but then I would miss them so much. I boarded Dex overnight when we had our floors redone and it was a great relief in many ways but I couldn't wait for him to come back home.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a velcro dog and love it. If he is not with me I am wondering where he is. We have a cat door that he uses to go in and out...good thing cuz it was -20 f last night! But the thing is he wants to go play frisbee everyday when I get home from work all tired out, that is when I have to force myself to get out there and give him what he wants and needs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri....
    Thor would be a great canine name!! I can't but agree!! My Great Aunt named her mutt Loki.... Although she had no clue who he was!! And Loki the canine sounds a bit mischievous.... Hee, hee, hee.... ;-D
    This may sound mean.... But have you tried ignoring Lightning's pleas for attention? Okay. This does sound mean!! See, Rose asks for attention while I am sitting on this computer--which I give--but I also either ignore her/tell my girl to "go to bed"!! Then, she gets lovin' later.... ;op
    --Raelyn and Rose

    ReplyDelete